Hm. Just watched Sucker Punch, which my sister got me for Christmas. Not at all sure how I feel about it, beyond the not-particularly-insightful observation that it’s like Kill Bill meets Girl, Interrupted. Good soundtrack, though.
Times Cass bursts into tears (or at least mists up rather significantly) during RotK (the movie)
(Hint: It’s a lot. I mean most of the second disc really).
- The beacons of Amon Din
- Faramir’s last charge/Pippin singing “Edge of Night”
- The arrival of the Riders of Rohan at the Pelennor Fields. (omg that moment with the horns and then them all arriving with the fucking dawn over the rise of the hill)
- “White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.” (FEELINGS. Because REASONS).
- “I go now to my fathers, in whose mighty company, I shall not now be ashamed.”
- Eomer’s face when he finds Eowyn seeming-dead on the field
- “By all that you hold dear, on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!” (with the men of Rohan and Gondor standing side-by-side and Aragorn just being totally fucking done with Mordor and omg everything)
- The End of All Things
- Aragorn’s coronation
- “My friends, you bow to no-one.”
- “…and the Fellowship of the ring, though eternally bound by friendship and love, was ended.”
- The Grey Havens. Just. All of it. (“I will not say, ‘Do not weep,’ for not all tears are an evil.”)
- “Into the West” playing over the credits.
I thought about doing a “favourite scenes” list but it would pretty much literally be every scene in the entire fucking movie.
Come little children, I’ll take thee away,
Into a land of enchantment,
Come little children, the times come to play,
Here in my garden of magic - Hocus Pocus, 1993.
(Source: bewitchthemind, via raginggeekgasm)
carousing-in-sin asked: Top 5 films?
1. The Return of the King, 2003
2. The Scarlet Pimpernel, 1982
3. The Empire Strikes Back, 1980
4. Raiders of the Lost Ark, 1981
5. Aladdin, 1992
Honourable mentions to Ever After, Anastasia, The Court Jester, Waking Ned Devine… my tastes may not be terribly sophisticated, but these are movies that always bring me joy, and that makes them my favourites.
So I finally bought myself a DVD copy of The Road to El Dorado, and I had fucking forgotten just how much I love this movie.
I mean, seriously. The sheer amount of crap gotten past the radar. The fact that they are clearly a couple, and Tulio’s also clearly bi and Miguel, hey, who knows? The incredible facial expressions. Kevin Kline and Kenneth Branagh. The witty banter. This movie is amazing. Tulio’s cynicism is almost as magnificent as Miguel’s starry-eyed idealism.
So basically expect El Dorado spam for the next hour and a half. :D